|Gelation Temperature:||58-64℃||Ash Content:||<1.0|
20 ppm hydroxypropyl methylcellulose,
HPMC E5 hydroxypropyl methylcellulose,
HPMC E5 hydroxypropyl methylcellulose in food
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose HPMC E5
(Pharmaceutical Grade)Hydroxy propyl Methyl Cellulose
Chemical name and structural formula
Name:Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose(HPMC)
Product Standard:Q/0900RT001 -2012
(Meet the reguirememts of USP/NF,EP)
|Hydroxypropoxyl content: wt%||4.0-7.5||7.0-12.0||4.0-12.0|
|Methoxyl content: wt%||27.0-30.0||28.0-30.0||19.0-24.0|
|Gelation temperature °C||62-68||58-64||70-90|
|Ash content: wt%||Not more than 1.0|
|Moisture: wt%||Not more than 5.0|
|Chlorides:(NaCI)wt%||Not more than 0.2|
|Arsenic:ppm||Not more than 2|
|Heavy metals:ppm||Not more than 20|
Physical and chemical properties
• Particle size:98.5%passes through 100 mesh;
100% passes through 80 mesh.
• Charring temperature:280-300°C.
• Bulk density:0.25-0.70g/cm3 (Ususlly around 0.5g/cm3).
• Real specific gravity: 1.26-1.31.
• Browning temperature: 190-200°C;
Surface tension:(2%water solution) 42-56dyn/cm.
• Properties:Dissolved in water and some organic solvent such as ethanol.propyl alcohol.ethylene chloride,The water solution is of surface activity.lt is a nonionic surface active agent.Gelation temperature is different for different grades.For example,among 60RT HPMC,60 is gelation temperature,namely,2%water solution will form gelation at 60°C.
The product is a pharmaceutical auxiliary material. It plays an important part in three fields:
• Tablets and granules coating.
• Controlled release of course,it can be used for many other uses,such as PVC polymerization,construction products,foods,and personal care product.
Methods for dissolving HPMC
• Place the required amount of hot water heated to above 85°C,and HPMC gradually added while stirring gently,at first HPMC floats on the Surface of the water,but it is gradually dispersed to torm a uniform slurry,cool the slurry while stirring it.
• Put one-third or two-thirds of the required qmount of water,heat to above 85 °C in a vessel.disperse HPMC and prepare a hot slurry while stirring,cool the resultant mixture.
Package, storage, transportation
It is packed in fiber drum and lining with polyethylene film bag.Net weight 25kg per drum.Direct sunshine and raining,moisture must be avoided.
Contact Person: admin